When I came to clowning, I learnt that positive humour is a remarkable tool for handling misfortune, disaster and disappointment. I was in the throws of separating from my ex and my comedy material reflected this seismic change in my life. The topics of desperation, loneliness and a search for a partner were exposed in my performance work along with a commentary of hitting university as a mature student whilst raising a couple of kids. I think I shed twenty years off my real age within one year - yes!

Yes! A mature and responsible mum added some additional layers to her being - life long learning and productive play and pleasure. She recommends this action for everyone - especially learning how to produce humour and feel happy in one's skin, anytime and anyplace - not a state of being she had enjoyed all her life.
                                to be continued

Popular Posts