SHE should have put a comma in!


 

SHE should have put a comma in! Read on...


Who would rather have a revolutionary way of working by creating daily resolutions? 

I have found a new and effective way to bring productivity and happiness into my life, daily. 

We all know and understand the idea behind New Year resolutions, and often they are 'typical': stop drinking, exercise more - do a TED Talk - conquer the world! The intentions are a wonderful way of changing old habits and making new ones for the 365 days ahead, but...

... I find this unachievable, especially as I have adult ADHD.

Why?

Because a whole year feels seems a massive feat, and an impossibly long time to be able to 'keep going'. It often leads to an internal battle which results in epic failure (despite my good will), and then I feel as though I have let myself down.

So... what I have done to remedy this and stay positive, is to break up the year into 365 increments, creating a to-do list of achievable things that avoid my usual 'swamped' response.

I don’t like yearly or even monthly resolutions. I’ve twisted and turned the New Year’s annual declaration into something more achievable. So, these are daily self-motivating resolutions. I could call them aims, goals, to-do list, things like that, but I prefer the word resolution. It makes an impact; keeps me firmly resolved to do the things listed for the day.

And you know what? It's working! Not only that, but by posting my intentions via Facebook I am seeing how positive a tool it is for others; the comments section have become as inspiring as me walking for 20 minutes - or knuckling down to tasks that need doing - but I endeavor to put off. Again and again. 

I have become accountable, if only to myself, for achieving these mini-goals - and it's actually great fun, too! What's even better is how my new accountability has been received, with 'thank yous' and lists of daily 'RESOLUTIONS' from friends and followers. It's become a small community where we all have each others backs! Although, grammar and punctuation are an absolute must... Now I'll tell you why I should have used a comma...

One of my goals this week was to make a promo video for another creative collaboration I am involved in (can't reveal what just yet). I wrote,

'Nail promotion video'

To which I received many puzzled reactions of 'why nails?' 'Since when have you been promoting nails?'

Should have put a comma in!

But it did lead to lot's of funny conversations - so I am grateful for the chats and laughs that came from my mistake (CLOWN!)

Thank you to all my regular, revolutionary resolution buddies - I'm having so much fun!

You can join the conversation on my FACEBOOK page and starting building your own daily resolutions...

Comments

Popular Posts