These boots were made for...

Strike a Pose? 


Photo by Kalen Emsley on Unsplash

 
I love getting into a character through shoes - the walk - how it affects the body/mind. 

And I have just bought a new pair of hiking boots. Hiking Boot on Facebook

Planning to plod up my beloved mountain Helvelyn in the Lake District, soon. 

Climbing mountains is one of my favourite pastimes, which I don’t do enough of. It has been a long time since I hit the mountains - although I am leaving behind mountains (of work).


So, I am filled with excitement about planning and practicing for this walk. I am wearing my boots in the house and climbing up stairs two at a time; sometimes I pretend I’m Garbo, Dietrich or Monroe... I know! - a real pro. ðŸ˜‚

Shoes - stepping into shoes / boots for new experiences stepping into a new persona, someone else’s or an old one you’ve kept hidden at the back of a dusty cupboard…

It gives you the opportunity to view the world from a new perspective… but the shoes/boots do need breaking in…

I’ve hiked Helvelyn about 14 times before, but each time has been different, with different challenges, elation's and/or elevations (depending on whether I’ve had a whole bottle of red the night before. Walking sideways or at an angle is not a recommended ascent.)

As speakers, comedians, leaders, it is good to wear the shoes and other accoutrements of course, to stand tall and deliver the messages  / jokes we want to convey. 


Will you be stepping into new roles / shoes / boots for the autumn term, or sticking with your dog eared, fluffy slippers? Join us for the new round of classes and stand tall to stand out.

Have a great week folks, keep those knees up.

From Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)




NEW! Comedy and Clowning Course: Craft & Gig



8 Week Feminist Clowning Course: 
Morning
or
Evening




NEW! IN-PERSON Feminist Clowning and Comedy Workshop at the Exeter Phoenix


ANOTHER Feminist Clown Club coming up in September - take a look and book :)

Comments

Popular Posts