Tiny Tweaks (not to be confused with TWERKS!)

 

Where's (the) Wally?

Tiny Tweaks (not to be confused with TWERKS!)

Resolutions: Tiny Tweaks


At the start of 2021, during the GB post-Christmas lockdown, I began making daily resolutions on Facebook and invited people to join me, and many of you did! Here is a poem constructed from some of your posts:
 
 
Read, recover, rest, eat rice,
Zoom church, stick seaweed on my face,
film, stop drinking.
Breakfast in bed.
table tennis, cut my hair if I dare,
scrape at floor, stitch, eat stuff.
Sort one drawer.
 
Tea, bake, walk
Family chat, meditation
Knit, stitch, write,
eat stuff, walk dog.
Body Pump.
pick up new Bongo
Dog walk done.
 
Plant a flower garden
litter picking one this time
table tennis
watch Netflix
scrapbooking
Clear whole studio area of paints, pencils or sticky things
 
Sort under the sink,
Birthday cards to make
Housework.
prep for work tomorrow
Online lecture. Make a cake.
Write a few paragraphs for a book.
 
Put a spot of makeup on (it's Sunday!)
a trip to the tip!
Waste some time on Facebook.
Bath and book.
 
Thank you for your inspirational posts (do you recognise any of yours? I do!) They helped me (and you I hope) feel connected and able to carry on.
 
Now, winter is coming – I am going to make my first daily resolution: try to stay focused on one main aim (tricky) – so far today I have: researched puppetry rods; played with a puppet; written a poem about resolutions; selected a tile for the back of the cooker. Also considering painting a wall… and it is only 11am!

Actually, tiny little tweaks are sometimes enough, and I am very happy with the new 'wall' I created today in my living room: “Tiny Little Tweaks” that make things cosy and fresh.

As usual, thanks to all…

From Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)

Drop me a line or follow the links if any of our upcoming classes/workshops take your fancy - or if you would like to purchase as a Christmas gift with a difference :)

02 Nov Online 
6 Week Comedy Writing Course: Weekly Craft + Gig: LIMITED SPACES LEFT

Women + Clowning/Comedy: Workshop/Meet Up - Monday 15 Nov

New Year 6 Week Comedy Writing Course: Craft + Gig 17 Jan 
 
AND another one day workshop coming up in January at the Exeter Phoenix coming soon... WATCH OUT!


Comments

Popular Posts