Full Moons and Baboons...

 



Waxing and Whining...   

 
Not feeling funny today... actually, I don’t spend my life feeling funny – but my days do tend to involve me trying to maintain a balanced disposition, whilst making humour on an adhoc basis.

A full moon is on its way so maybe my mood is responding to that. More likely to do with my sad reflections on: the recent deaths of two vibrant funny women; revelations of a banned party, and saying adieu to my sons, after their seasonal stay at home.

Mind you, Danl my witty PA support, who knows me so well, has just sent me several humorous Gifs, which have instantly raised my spirits – I particularly loved the Gif of a baboon getting full-on frustrated with a computer, before tossing it onto the floor. All done at double speed. What is Danl trying to say?...Thank you. 
 
And so, if anyone else is feeling a little low, look for a baboon Gif,  reach out to a pal - or find a method to bring a laugh into your day to change your mood.
 
I’m also cheered by the feedback from one of my University's 'Humour For Teaching' workshops:

“We learned about using comedy, to deescalating situations, it was a fantastically engaging session. Thank you! :)”
“Thank you, we have all decided to embrace our inner Maggie Irving in lessons.”



If you need cheering, come along to my online class on Monday evening. Lots to learn and loads of laughs. There’s a full moon too – not a metaphor for a baboon’s bare bottom! Just pointing out there may be more 'howling' than usual!
 
Love and hugs to anyone who needs them.
 
My first 2022 clowning class for adults is also taking place at @exeterphoenix on Saturday 29 January – in a room. Again, a chance to build skills and improve confidence and wellness. Lots to learn and enjoy.

ALSO COMING SOON (February 2022 - fingers crossed): Chilled-out and playful evening comedy sessions in Exmouth. Venue tbc.
 
Hope to see people come to classes in January – online and in a workshop studio - Exeter Phoenix.


As usual, thanks to all… and look forward to seeing some of you!

From Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)

Drop me a line or follow the links if any of our upcoming classes/workshops take your fancy. 


THIS MONDAY - 6 Week Online Comedy and Writing and Gig - 17 Jan 


 
Gifs by Gifer

Comments

Popular Posts