Ooh la la

 



Nothing comperes to you... 

I am compering the Exmouth Chamber of Commerce Business Awards on Friday.

They are Oscar-style this year. I feel I am between a Rock and a hard place – style and content in relation to audience and setting (and attire - see below!).

I once read that award ceremonies are about the awards – the winners – and not comedy. Gulp. I'm hoping that some subtle jokes, puns and audience participation will be just the ticket though, after all, the compere is there to break the ice and comedy is my love, specialty and go-to.
 
I have tried jokes on random people (you know who you are) and they laughed – so the jokes definitely work! I am fairly good at judging if something will be funny or not – but of course, comedy is subjective; it often has to be edited and it’s the way you tell ‘em. This is the most wonderful part of my job when teaching, seeing people ease into their comfort zone after having tip-toed in.
 
I am holding back on naughtiness though (so difficult for those who know me) – let's see how that works out! Slipped in a smidgeon of clowning – funny ole thing. Just need some posh sandals, painted nails and a bit of slap – not of course from the audience!
 
I still haven’t decided what I’m going to wear; I like both patterns and colour schemes – what do you reckon: Leopard print dress or 70's psychedelic flares?

As usual, big thanks and love from Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)

***

Starting in JUNE...

Stand Up / Clowning Workshops
at Exeter's Phoenix:


 Saturday 25 June 2022, 10:00 - 4.30



Comments

Popular Posts