We make our own sunshine...

 


This week it is gloriously sunny in my home town. Who knew that the sun could belt out tip top temperatures of 14 degrees in April? Especially after such a dreary dark winter. (I actually wondered if the sun was broken and needed to be put in rice, or turned-off-and-on-again!)

There were also ‘permissions granted’ in recent weeks, from the ferret-headed pie-face, saying that we were now 'allowed' to sit outside the ‘mythical’ PUB – and drink a ‘fabled’ BEVERAGE; shops opened their doors and the High Street was swamped with some who needed a retail ‘fix’: summer tops, swim suits and under-crackers.

I however, decided that my back garden would become my holiday destination - my fix, and that I would up-cycle the things I already had. Yes I indulged in some new trellis and a couple of seagulls to keep me company (fortunately the wooden kind that don’t pebble-dash your washing – or worst case scenario – your hair with guano!)



I lovingly created various nods to the seaside which brings me (and good friends who helped) so much joy, including a red buoy, seaside themed bunting, and hand painted walls that reflect the colours of the sea and sky - reminding me of my exotic Thailand wellness retreats I like to take. This is all about creating a feeling that I really am on holiday - and it has worked - although obviously, sun not guaranteed. 


I relocated a seaweed-clad headless bust (not mine).

I would love to run a comedy group in this now vibrant but tranquil space... actually, there is now a chance to come and do an outdoor class with me - an interactive, walking improv class – check out the link, we start in Exmouth’s Manor Gardens - loads of creativity, fun and laughs.

And also the first of my new Feminist monthly clowning workshops – if you couldn’t get onto one of the 8 week feminist clowning courses there’s a chance to meet up on Sat 15 May.

So... with summer on its way, and pockets of wonderful sunshine already bathing us with positivity – here’s to lots of fabulous things to look forward to.

Have a great weekend and cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts