Candid?

 

                OPEN ○ HONEST ○ CANDID!

Feminisms, Clowning, Collaboration and Community
What items in your house represent you and why? Have a go!




Being CANDID in a feminist clowning environment is an invitation to really say what is on your mind...

And wow, it is SO open! Thank you...

Over the last few months, and several new ventures into the ZOOM world of feminist clowning culture, I have noticed just how important the space is:

  • To support and feel supported
  • To be able to reflect and feel safe in being honest
  • To see others as they are - and be SEEN


One method I used this week to help people open up and be candid, was to suggest grabbing an object(s) nearby... and think about how these objects relate to who they are/how they are... and then share their stories with each other.

For example, I recently used 2 hats, reading specs, an over-sized pair of gold-encrusted, plastic sun glasses and a black, super-sucking Miele vacuum cleaner. Each object defined an aspect of me, Maggie, Maggie the Clown, ALL the Maggies. The hats represent my many 'personas' and 'roles'; the specs - so I can see who I am talking to - with the sunnies representing my wish to 'be seen!' (I am an entertainer, remember.) And the Miele? I'm looking for sponsorship - JOKING! I am a closet cleaner...

It's a great way of personifying those candid admissions in a way that is creative, funny, but most importantly: OPEN WITHOUT FEAR OR BOUNDARY...

If you are curious about what this could offer you, come along to our next Feminist Clowning Club meet up on 12 July - you will be most welcome to join our all women community.

We are also about to launch our next round of comedy drop-in sessions - once a week, for a month - keep an eye out.

What items in your house represent you and why? Have a go!

Until then, cheers, and have a great week ahead!

Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)


Comments

Popular Posts