Elephants or Flowers?

 

All images: Mailchimp Library

 Elephants or Flowers? 


I went to the theatre on Wednesday - the RSC (Royal Shakespeare Company) in Stratford to see a new musical - The Magician’s Elephant.

The message of the show was the possibilities of magic... and that impossibilities, wishes and dreams can come true.

Ahhhh. Lovely...

Twenty+ years ago I said I wished to become a teacher and make people laugh. Tick. 



My wish now is to create more theatre and performance and make more people laugh.

I loved the elephant in the show; one of my favourite creatures was brought to life in majestic puppet form. The magician in the story conjured the elephant from the sky, instead of a bunch of flowers and it landed on wealthy woman Madam LaVaughn - paralysing her. Charming! 

See what I mean about anything can happen no matter how far fetched or out of reach! The whole point of magic is that inside the concept we believe it plausible.

The storyline kind of worked for me, but you seriously had to suspend disbelief. But then magic doesn’t need to be logical or theatre per se. I would have enjoyed even more humour in the production, but then that’s me, the comedic choreographer at work.

And now for some magic news of my own!

The Exmouth Winter Festival is on Saturday 4 December and I am
compèring  as Ebeneezer Scrooge or rather Ebecleaner Scrooge... sending vital - yet humourous messages of keeping our environment clean as well as keeping ourselves safe communally.

I'm currently sourcing wigs, tops hats and whiskers as well as feather dusters, family friendly festive jokes and a touch of
magic for what promises to be a great evening of celebration!

What wishes do you have?



As usual, thanks to all…

From Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)

Drop me a line or follow the links if any of our upcoming classes/workshops take your fancy - or if you would like to purchase as a Christmas gift with a difference :)

New Year 6 Week Comedy Writing Course: Craft + Gig 17 Jan 

New! Contemporary Clowning Workshop - Exeter Phoenix 29 Jan

Comments

Popular Posts