What are you grateful for?

 

LinkedIn recently asked me "What am I grateful for?"


How lovely, I thought… who knew technology could be so attentive!
 
I did ponder this question though, and remembered how, in Summer, I was grateful for my new garden - and for the help I received to bring it to life.  I also settled on thinking how grateful I am for my propensity at having a go at new things whilst accepting there will be hiccups, cock-ups and boobs along the way. 


This could be said of my recent attempts – with some success – to knit my own headbands / warmers for me and as presents for friends.
 
So my first wool head band looks pretty but the intended pattern kept switching from front to back. I also kept forgetting if I'd done 3 normal knit stitches and 1 Pearl or 2. Same problem with second attempt so must concentrate! But I’m doing it and I’m learning – and at some point (surely?), I will really get the hang of it!
 
And then I reflected at how much I have been grateful for this past 12 months.
 
Things done this year… 
 

  • A double sold-out feminist clown class
  • People returning time after time
  • Private tuition for professional performers
  • Performances online
  • Arts Council money for new collaboration
 
And…
 
How often do you clean your washing machine? Warning - the instructions on a bottle of Dettol washing cleaner are tiny. Note I am blaming Dettol and not my haste and reluctance to go get my spectacles in order to read said tiny instructions.
 
Within 15 minutes of the clean drum cycle starting, I was pressing piles of towels against the powder drawer in my attempt to stem a bubbling surge of hot suds. So glad I didn’t go out, there would have been bubbles oozing out of the front door!
 
But at least my washing machine is now clean for Christmas.
 
Things to do before the end of the year, well… I keep trying to lose weight but it keeps finding me!


  • Boogie more – should help with the weight loss.
  • Knit headbands well, often and without the hiccups/cock-ups/boob; knit furiously to tone the bingo wings – knit one, pearl one – flap, flap?
  • Get new hands for my clock – it’s been a long wait. OK, the pun is a tad weak. (But if only you knew how long the below clock had waited for a pair of hands it would be justified!)
 



So what do you want to do before the year ends? Aims are good or even steps in the right direction.

As usual, thanks to all… See shameless Plug below


From Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)

Drop me a line or follow the links if any of our upcoming classes/workshops take your fancy - or if you would like to purchase as a Christmas gift with a difference :)

New Year 6 Week Comedy Writing Course: Craft + Gig 17 Jan 

New! Contemporary Clowning Workshop - Exeter Phoenix 29 Jan


Plug image: Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

Comments

Popular Posts