Giving Presence... Combing, Procrastiknitting and Laughing?



Combing, Procrastiknitting and Laughing? 

I am collecting drift wood by the bucket load. In fact, for the last few days I have been drawn, by almost 'siren-like' calls to the beach near my home to find an array of sodden salted-ocean-scraps. My aim is to make objet d’art. (Will share these if, as and when they are transformed...)


I have also recently bought some balls; big, bouncing, bumper balls of proud peacock teal coloured wool to make into knitted head bands. Oh, and a pair of 12mm straight knitting needles as advised by T-Shirt Yarn (as opposed to bent needles?) I've not picked up knitting needles since I was ten, and being the slowest knitter in the class (usually told off for talking…) these headbands could well be abstract or suitable for Lillputians! 

All of this foraging and creating has got me thinking about starting an artistic project to reduce the use of plastic; there are already so many wonderful people, volunteers and organisations who regularly clean-up Exmouth seafront – but I think there's a way to perhaps refashion the debris found.

New creative ventures are fun – maybe some of my 
new ideas will be Christmas gifts (depends how 'alternative' or finished they turn out to be!) If you are struggling for ideas to give someone the gift of their dreams, or a present that brings presence - why not try more laughs? 

Giving gifts for the festive season could be different this year, especially if you know someone (including yourself) who may benefit, cherish - need some comedy, community, confidence and camaraderie from my NEW classes launching in 2022. 
  
PRESENTS, PRESENCE and PROCRASTIKNITTING for
PLEASURE! 

As usual, thanks to all…

From Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)

Drop me a line or follow the links if any of our upcoming classes/workshops take your fancy - or if you would like to purchase as a Christmas gift with a difference :)

Women + Clowning/Comedy: Workshop/Meet Up - Monday 15 Nov

New Year 6 Week Comedy Writing Course: Craft + Gig 17 Jan 

New! Contemporary Clowning Workshop - Exeter Phoenix 29 Jan

Comments

Popular Posts