Lost items... including me...

 


Missing...

 
 
It’s amazing what I find when I vacuum the house, which I did this morning. Henry the Hoover disturbed slippers sleeping beneath my bed, plus a misplaced hair slide, a smelly sport’s sock and dead brain cells. 
 
Do you lose things? I like to think I’m more organised these days, so losses are minimal. Honest.
 
Last week, whilst out for a seaside walk with family, we found a lost Lhasa Apso dog. There was no name on his collar, so we temporarily named him Bruce, as we tried to track down the owner via Facebook Community. Within two hours, his mum contacted me, and ‘Bruce’ went home (actual name Louis after the owner’s Louis Vuitton shoes). The family was, needless to say, over the moon. Happy endings.
 
When I was three, I lost my mum, outside a cheese shop in my hometown of Preston. The panic! It was only for a couple of minutes, but I still recall seeing a wall of giant people staring at me. I was ecstatic to see the hem of her floral skirt and her hands filled with packs of crumbly Lancashire and some red cheddar. I wonder if Bruce was non-plussed by his temporary new owner -  a clown no less! He turned down my tin of turkey steak, preferring a crumbled cracker – I learnt later that Louis is a
vegan.

(My assistant Danl drew a version of Louie... the header picture was mine - what do you think??)
Laughing Face Emoji" iPad Case & Skin by t-I-na | Redbubble

 

Why am I telling you all of this? I’ve forgotten. You tell me. I guess it’s about caring for losses that matter and perhaps sharing the finding of these losses as triumphs - a bit like the comedy technique of 'flipping it'.

The England women’s football team certainly aren’t losing though - anyone else watching it? Hurrah. I played football from a young age – mainly with my brother and neighbours and then Preston North Ladies second team. Happy days. A lost career? Nope.
 
Do you recall the 'lost' comedy classes, in a room? Well, they are  back, lovely people. Build a set, remember the material and deliver.

Let’s do it.

As usual, big thanks and love from Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)


***

Stand Up / Clowning Workshop
at the Exeter Phoenix:


Saturday 10 September 2022, 10:00 - 4.30

***

And also our next online stand up comedy course:

Starts Wed 7 Sep - 12 Oct 7 - 9pm


and finally

Jan 11


NEW! Feminist Clowning Course


Image Matt Austin

Comments

Popular Posts