Dangerous Beauty...

 


I’m in Oz right now.

Before departing, I checked out Aussie styles of humour. Unsurprisingly, on the surface, it doesn’t much differ from European stylers, according to Insider Guides newsletter, March 2020,
 
They love a bit of self-deprecation and playful mockery. As I mentioned in last weeks news, I had a laugh with my relations in Oz, when I expressed concern about bringing too much luggage and washing it. They'd ribbed, there’s a brook at the back of the house for clothes and a lagoon to wash in. Haha, I liked it before I left for Australia and I'm really enjoying their humour first-hand.



 

Love that the Australians, also like a bit of dark humour. I was assured that deaths by sharks, snakes, stingers and spiders are very rare. However, on day three, during a stay near Fraser Island, on a Catamaran, I did, unknowingly bathe with a Sand Shark (yikes) before fishing it out of the water, an hour or so later, using squid for bait, We let the shark free, so both lived to tell the tale. Three hours later, I saw the sign:




I didn’t risk driving. Feels like I am inadvertently on a Bush Tucker Trial. I await the next adventure.
 
Hope to see you full of facts – truthful and highly exaggerated – at my next round of comedy workshops in January.
 
If you need a blast of humour in December, join me online on 28 December. Or gift a comedy class to someone, including you.


Early bird bookings available NOW for next year’s courses.
 
As usual, big thanks and love from Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)


***
TWIXMAS Stand Up Comedy Class 28 December 2022




and finally - 2023 workshops:

***

NEW YEAR! Stand Up Comedy Course Starts Tues January 24th



***
Online Stand Up Comedy Course Wed January 25th


Comments

Popular Posts