G'day, G'night - G'day!

 



Well done all...


Congratulations to my super confident comedy squad at the sizzling showcase course gig at Exeter City Gate, on Tuesday. Comedy trips to Morocco, Haldon Forest featured alongside challenges with names, dementia, ageing and a host of other topics. Twas a night packed with Va Va Voom and verve. I forgot to take a photo and someone accidentally set their video to film a wall! Whoops. Lots of love and laughs to everyone who hit the mic.
 
If you fancy building communication skills, discovering your style of humour, learning how to be funny or building a set, please get in touch or see booking links below.
 
For now I am off to Oz – not to meet a wizard – but to enjoy a holiday and visit my relations and friends down under. 

Before leaving for Australia, I was checking out Aussie styles of humour. Unsurprisingly, on the surface, it doesn’t much differ from European but according to Insider Guides newsletter, March 2020, it lands somewhere between British and American, but with unique style – yes, the accent, slang and of course, culture.
 
I’ve already had a laugh with my family in Australia. When I expressed a concern about bringing too much luggage and washing it; they ribbed, there’s a brook at the back of the house for clothes and a lagoon to wash in. Haha, I like it. Moreover – comedians in Oz – fantastic!
 
Love that the Australians like a bit of dark humour – hoping it won’t be at my expense, say when I bathe with Bruce, the Great White (hopefully he’s a vegetarian), chill with anyone of the 170 species of snakes or hang out with (or get eaten by) a trap door spider. Most likely, I will return home be bronzed (tick) but blotchy (cross) – the mosquitoes love Maggie.
 
Will keep you informed and endeavour to stay alive!



🎁 CHRISTMAS GIFTS! 🎁 But with a totally acceptable SILLY twist. Comedy courses without the hassle of having to even leave your house!

 
Early bird bookings available NOW for next year’s courses.

As usual, big thanks and love from Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)

***
TWIXMAS Stand Up Comedy Class 28 December 2022




and finally - 2023 workshops:

***

NEW YEAR! Stand Up Comedy Course Starts Tues January 24th



***
Online Stand Up Comedy Course Wed January 25th

Comments

Popular Posts