How are you?

 


Australia – UK 1?



How are you?

A simple greeting. Manners?

How many of us communicate regularly in a friendly manner?

I have just returned from a 4 week holiday in Australia. I was astounded and impressed by the level of customer service and the overall positive and upbeat vibe of all those I met. Everyone had something nice to say and were welcoming... smiling. ‘How are you? Can I help you?’

According to those I came across, it was to do with the sunny weather, which they felt, plays an important role in raising spirits. The sunshine seemed to radiate through the people, it was in their demeanour. It was in the air. It felt warm and gooey. It was hot! Damn hot!

What an experience!

But there’s more to it. I was delighted with the constant use of gentle humour by nearly everyone I met – I was knocked for six by playful and positive banter and some gentle ribbing.

We can’t change the weather in Britain, but we can make choices on how we react to our environment and people, and therefore influence personal outcomes and wellbeing.

It is so important to bring more sunshine / humour into our lives, especially during these short, dark December days.  Although, I hear it has been hailing in Oz with stones the size of marbles. That explains the loss of my marbles due to jet lag! Honest...

I have been researching and promoting positive humour and its effect for the past several years. Indeed, I have had many class participants who have remarked on the positive impact of my classes on their own mental health.

A How Are You? attitude and a smile can have a real impact.



My witty wine expert (one example of the many lovely folk I met), delivered excellent one-to-one advice on The Savannah wines. They were so kind, friendly and welcoming that I bought six bottles! Okay, well maybe it was the wine tasting too... but you get what I am trying to say.

I look forward to exploring perceptions and reactions, and how to deliver some comedy gold at the next round of workshops in December and the New Year – see links in the usual place.
 
If you need a blast of humour in December, join me online on 28 December. Or gift a comedy class to someone, including you.


Early bird bookings available NOW for next year’s courses.
 
As usual, big thanks and love from Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)


***
TWIXMAS Stand Up Comedy Class 28 December 2022




and finally - 2023 workshops:

***

NEW YEAR! Stand Up Comedy Course Starts Tues January 24th



***
Online Stand Up Comedy Course Wed January 25th

Comments

Popular Posts