Why do we do what we do?

 

More importantly...




 Why do YOU do what you do?


(I’d love to know)


 


 
I love teaching (you should/do all know this by now I’m sure!) It gives me huge pleasure and today I was musing - why?

I love crafting a class where people often arrive feeling nervous but by the end feel uplifted and thrilled to have expressed themselves; stood up and been seen, watched and appreciated. 

It’s the crafting of the lesson that makes it work because I want others to gain as much out of what I do, as I do... and so I use this time to really reflect on how my work may help others positively.

I also love performing which always is part of the teaching or rather IS my teaching. To model, encourage, give feedback and inspire is all part of the process, progress and fun.

It's the WHY of what I do - what is yours?

The inspirational and humorous Bryn Thomas wrote to me recently.

Thank you... You did a lot for me. Your groups really made me come out of my shell.

Thank you Bryn for letting me know what one of your 'Whys' were. It means a lot to me.


***
 
Next (1) ONLINE (2) ONLINE classes start end of March and Mid May. Clown class 26 March. Come see?

Join me on Saturday 26 March 10 - 4.30pm for a one day workshop at Exeter Phoenix and create lists of your own that will help you create/discover your own unique clown.

Another! CONTEMPORARY CLOWNING WORKSHOP @exeterphoenix and we cannot wait!


Our next 6 week ONLINE Comedy Course starts on March 30 - take a look at the details here if you're interested in joining us for a round of larfs...

Also on May 11 our second 6 week ONLINE COMEDY COURSE of Spring. 

As usual, have a fab week and thanks from Maggie and the Comedy Matters team - cheers :)

Comments

Popular Posts