Don't be ridiculous...

 


 Oh yes we will...



 

Why, oh why, oh why would anyone wish to act the fool/be stupid - or ridiculous?
 
Feedback from my classes indicates that people overwhelmingly want permission to play and be silly. Oh yes they do!

However, does what you look like or how you behave, or what people think of you impact on you - if so then how?

On the whole... the answer for many is a resounding YES! But not for the people in my classes; as my courses are structured to gradually let people open up. I love it – and so do they.
 
M: I really enjoyed it. Forget how essential play is
J: Like the playfulness – sound and language
Z: Enjoyed permission to laugh, be silly. Amazing variety
T: I enjoyed being here. Loosening up and exploring a different side of myself
C: I enjoyed being an inanimate object
J: Allows me to be more playful. Escape from concentrating and administration
D: Like being experimental and playful
Z: Really enjoyed listening to everyone’s pieces. Gave me permission to be silly

I always say, you can't do anything wrong in this class. It applies to me too. I accidentally ended the online comedy workshop last night within 30 minutes, by pressing end the meeting instead of leave the breakout room. Oh the chaos and laughs. Oh the clown in me!

The show last night was simply superb - thanks everybody - you were hilarious.

Smashing together clowning with comedy writing is coming soon – in fact, Saturday 25 `June at The Phoenix, Exeter.
 
Chance to up your skills in writing and performing or a fab opportunity to build confidence, resilience and a toolkit for wellness.

18+

As usual, big thanks and love from Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)

***

Starting in JUNE...
Stand Up / Clowning Workshops
at the Exeter Phoenix:
 
AND
***
I'm also running a workshop at Penzance Lit Fest 1 - 4pm - Come along - I'd love to see you.
***
And also our next online stand up comedy course:

 

Comments

Popular Posts