Good grief!


 


Good grief!


I am Flipping It right now... do you flip, too?

I am a tad brassed-off right now, actually - grouchy, grumpy – ghastly, and grappling with change beyond my control.

True grit is needed.

On reflection, I am only grumpy about certain things, 'cause when I think of the many positives happening right now, there should be no reason for this grouchiness. I have to remind myself that I am only human – yes some of you may beg to differ 
😂 and perhaps the CLOWN part of me has its own opinion.

I guess the feeling is similar to, when a teacher marks an essay, gives loads of positive feedback and issues one negative comment and in the moment – all escalates – do you know that feeling?

There are a few endings in my life right now, which I am processing. In reality, being a buoyant optimist, things will be fine.  I often teach the method of ‘flipping it’, which equates to turning something bad into good, perceptively, using comedy as the device.

I won’t discuss the big stuff, but here's an example of one current minor irritant: a picture that makes me smile every day (see above) fell off the wall this morning and the frame busted. My creative comedy goat/goldfish cartoon by Harry Venning (2019) miraculously hoisted itself spectre-style from the comfort of my hallway wall.

The image shows a conversation between a goat and goldfish who ironically and humourously, decide they can’t think of any words beginning with the letter G. After a repetitious round of: good grief, ghastly – resulting in grumpy, I now see the funny side of the irony, the goat and the frame.

Finding solutions to problems can result in happiness. Sometimes we just need to work through some of the bigger stuff.

It’s about not getting down, it’s about finding ways to get up, stay afloat and focussed on opportunities – maybe sometimes things just have to change direction. Maybe the goat was trying to remind me of this...

When I laugh at problems - it's an artistic form of self-healing and counselling. What do you do to 'flip it'?

As usual, big thanks and love from Maggie and the Comedy Matters team :)


***

JUNE...

Stand Up / Clowning Workshops
at the Exeter Phoenix:

 

 Saturday 25 June 2022, 10:00 - 4.30

AND
Saturday 10 September 2022, 10:00 - 4.30



***

JULY...

I'm also running a workshop at Penzance Lit Fest 1 - 4pm - Come along - I'd love to see you.

Penzance Literary Festival 8 July



***


SEPTEMBER...

And also our next online stand up comedy course:

Starts Wed 7 Sep - 12 Oct 7 - 9pm

 

Comments

Popular Posts